To apply for one of these positions, fill out the form below and click "Submit."
Structural Packaging Designer
Utah PaperBox Co. is looking for a qualified candidate for the position of Structural Packaging Designer.
Our designers provide creative and effective packaging solutions that exceed customer needs and expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with sales personnel and/or customers in identifying customer needs and designing new, innovative packaging solutions.
- Helps to prioritize the design department requests, production and workflow.
- Works with other members of the design staff to ensure that production is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate management of finished samples & mock-ups before production.
- Work directly with sales, quality and production departments to ensure new products are able to be manufactured.
- Provides clear and accurate structural drawings.
- Ensure data in CAD requests and job jackets is accurate before samples are released for production.
- Provide technical support for customers when necessary.
- Assists with job approvals for each job manufactured by Design Department. Job approval process includes checking form and function of carton, and checking the job against the information provided on the CAD request or job jacket.
- Design and provide materials for production.
- Utilizes current design technology and computer software and hardware mediums to develop designs to meet customer needs.
- Assists in design equipment maintenance and repair.
Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding of current design technology and computer software
- An Understanding of Kaizen/Lean Manufacturing
- Previous packaging and CAD experience preferred
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Strong people skills, with the ability to work with a variety of personalities from diverse backgrounds
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Mechanically Minded
- Basic knowledge of structure, design
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and die lines
- Ability to interpret 2D diagrams into 3D structures
Die Cutter Operator
Days and Swing Shifts Available
Monday - Thursday and Tuesday - Friday, 4, 10 hour shifts
- Read job tickets to determine set-up specifications.
- Follow all standard operating procedures relevant to the die-cutting department.
- Observe and monitor machine operations to detect and fix any malfunctions by performing routine adjustments during press operation.
- Follow instructions accurately and perform all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
- Keep work area neat and clean.
- Coordinate efforts as part of the team to provide assistance to all co-workers in other departments as needed to maximize production.
- Follow established department policies, procedures, work instructions and safety guidelines.
- Previous die cutting experience
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must also be able to use rulers, calipers, micrometers and other inspection equipment.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Must be willing to work all overtime when needed.
general Manufacturing Help
Jobs include machine operators and packaging help.
Day shift, Monday – Friday.
- Start up and stop equipment
- Clean production area
- Load and unload items from machines and carts
- Feed or catch loads on equipment
- Check products for quality
- Ship finished products
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Machine operation and forklift experience a plus
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds